This is a message from our friends at Acocks Green Foodbank
“During the last two months the local Acocks Green Foodbank helped over 200 people, in some desperate situations from single men who are homeless with no income at all, to families with unexpected bills to pay and growing debts. Every person leaves with at least one bag of shopping and many with several. This month we will have been working for two years with an amazing team of volunteers and heard countless stories of hunger and desperate need. We are determined to see an end to hunger and poverty in Acocks Green.
The closing of Sainsbury’s in the Green after Easter has made a serious dent in our stocks and ability to provide the kind of help we would like to provide. We are calling on everyone who has previously helped and anyone in the local area to donate whatever they can afford to help us to keep helping others.You can help in a few ways:
- Donate food and bring in to the Acocks Green Christian Centre, Rear of 100 Westley Road, Acocks Green, B27 7UL on a Tuesday or Friday 10-12pm. As much as you can spare. If you can’t deliver it, please think about making an order online and ask a supermarket to deliver it! Any dried or tinned goods are more than welcome.
- Pop in to Iceland in the Green and add a few items to the collection basket in there.
- Pop in to Westley Road and donate money if you don’t have time to shop. Every penny will be used for Foodbank. The church does not charge the foodbank for operating in its premises.
- If you are a community group, you can collect food for us and deliver it once a fortnight or perhaps hold a fundraising event. We are more than happy to connect with you and provide feedback about the difference you are making. We desperately need people willing to partner with a shop or school and deliver food to us when you’re free. All you need is a car and half an hour.
- We’re always on the lookout for volunteers who can commit to attending one day a week for 2.5 hours. Training will be given and the team is great!
We really do rely on the generosity of the local community to help us to keep going. Please help support your local foodbank.”
I have some tin goods out of date but tin are in good order ,2 tube of tooth paste,some impulse body spray shampoo 2 if they are suitable but would need collecting
Thanks for your offer, however you need to contact the AG Foodbank directly.. The contact details are here, if you go to their website: https://www.elim-acocksgreen.org/foodbank
Hi treaclemine2011 🙂
Unfortunatley we do not have an online account; we accept cash donations. We will be at the Acocks Green Carnival on Saturday, so please come by and show your support!
Thank you for the good work you are doing. For those who can, is there a way to transfer funds to you online or by direct transfer?